For 2 waffles
- 1 cup of gf oats
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- optional : spices (garlic, herbs, pepper…)
- 3/4 cups of unsweetened milk (almond, oat, soy)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- avocado, sliced
- runny egg
- baby spinach leaves
It’s easy, it’s healthy, it’s gluten free – you can eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This 30 minute Avocado oat waffle toast recipe is the way to go!
- Put the oats in a high speed blender and blend until you reach the texture of whole grain flour. Add baking powder, salt and (if using) spices and blend again.
- Add milk and oil into the blender and blend to combine. The batter will be quite runny at this point. Leave it for 10-15 minutes to rest and it will get thicker.
- Grease a waffle iron with some coconut oil. Bake waffles for about 7 minutes or until golden brown and crispy outside.
- Top your waffles with sliced avocado, a sfot boiled egg cut in healf and some baby spinach leaves. Add some fresh herbs and spices according to your tastes.